TurbineOne is the frontline perception company. We are entirely focused on strengthening situational awareness for all Americans serving at our nation’s frontlines. The company is a small, fast-moving, and high-performance startup. It is backed by top-tier venture capitalists with massive success in the DefenseTech sector. The company’s primary technology is a software package called the Frontline Perception System, which delivers machine learning to the comms-contested tactical edge.
This position is geographically flexible and reports directly to the CEO. Moderate travel should be expected (~20%).
- Deliver new revenue to TurbineOne through direct sales.
- You will identify sales opportunities, drive leads into the sales funnel by directly engaging buyers, pitch our product (with support from the Sales team), document the scope of work (in collaboration with the CTO), and negotiate the contract (with pricing approval from the CEO)
- Contribute to the product & engineering roadmap
- Drive renewals and expansions with current customers
- Contribute to the company's overall business strategy and marketing positioning
- Translate national security requirements to Silicon Valley engineers and similarly educate government Buyers on the tech industry’s best practices
In a Typical Week You Will:
- Fly to a military base with the Company’s Head of Sales to pitch a PEO on why they should procure the Frontline Perception System
- Host a Zoom call with a major prime, Program of Record vendor and convince them to work with TurbineOne
- Write a detailed first-draft of a Scope of Work document so that T1’s Capture Manager can expand a 1-pager into a full package for a Contracting Officer
- Get rejected by a personal friend that you thought would give us a giant contract, but for some undefined reason, is unresponsive to your messages
- While chatting with an old colleague, realize that what the DoD thinks they should buy is foolishly off target. In response, you reach out to a dozen personal connections, coordinate a live Product Demonstration of what they should be procuring, and ultimately convince senior military officers to work with TurbineOne
Startup Culture Expectations:
- Please refer to Elad Gil’s High Growth Handbook for general expectations on what should be “normal” for a company like TurbineOne.
- Just like in the White House, you will need to make your own photocopies. No great startup can afford Executive Assistants or most other luxuries.
- Every employee will develop quarterly OKRs in order to transparently communicate, and objectively measure, quantifiable performance metrics.
- Everyone on the Team needs to be very comfortable with constant change, moving fast, sharing failures, embracing grit, and building things themselves.
- $100k - $250k annual salary, based on experience.