TurbineOne is the frontline perception company. We empower people that serve in dangerous environments by delivering stronger situational awareness through wearable AI.
For AI to work at the tactical edge, machine learning (ML) models are needed. Sometimes we make our own models. But we’ve learned that it’s more valuable to be a platform for the world’s best algorithms and to focus on delivering this ML to the right person at the right time. For example, there are dozens of organizations that have built gun detection models and - for public safety - we’d like the best and most ethically-built ones to be available on the TurbineOne digital platform.
This position is flexible on location and will require occasional travel to conferences and customer events. This position will report directly to the CEO.
- Be a Product Visionary: You would architect a new ecosystem of transformative, first-of-a-kind capabilities.
- Be a Sales Person: You will need to build a pipeline of models and then chase down the companies that make them.
- Be a Deal Closer: Finalizing a software license between two ML companies requires extraordinary attention to detail and capability to manage competing interests between legal, business, and engineering needs.
- Be a Translator: In governments, technology is almost always purchased by non-technical people. So your explanations need to make complicated things seem very simple.
On a Typical Day You Would:
- Follow-up with 5 different companies about bringing their ML algorithms onto the TurbineOne platform.
- Speak with 3 different CEOs about how we are going to protect their IP in Docker containers while still shipping their algorithms to dangerous frontlines.
- Engage with T1’s engineering team to better understand computing size constraints with different types of hardware deployed on drones and robots.
- Brainstorm with T1’s CEO on the next “Best Partner” to contract with and how it will impact the company’s product roadmap.
- Listen to customer feedback on the types of tactical perception capabilities they wish they had when serving our country.
- High standard of ethics, grit, integrity and moral character
- 5+ years of work experience building a partner pipeline and closing numerous deals.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Willingness to embrace the Startup Culture of moving fast, being insatiably curious, celebrating often, embracing uncertainty, and having a personal desire to improve other peoples’ lives.